Sunday, December 11, 2011

Newt Gingrich vs. Rosie O'Donnell

(Rosie when captured in Rawalpindi by Pakistani police, 2003)

I'm not much of a fan of Newt Gringrich, but in a smackdown between Newt and Khalid Sheik O'Donnell, I'll go with the Newt every time.  He may be a faux conservative, and a despicable human being, but he's the brightest guy on stage whenever those debates are going on. 

H/T to the inimitable Frank at IMAO, for the story that in an interview on the closing Joy Behar show, Rosie suggested Newt should read a book.  Srsly.  Equally absurdly, she thinks he knows nothing about history.

Rosie, sweetie, I will take a $5 bet that Newt has written more books on history than you've read! 

Edit: 1735 - Dang that typo monster...

2 comments:

  1. Let me get this straight -- pushing a broom or mop is damaging to children? Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that Newt's argument for that, arguing that a generation of kids is growing up who never saw a parent go to work every day, was good a point and having kids spend a couple hours a week working by pushing a broom or mopping is a good idea.

    I would say that except I know several folks in their 40s and 50s who went to work every day and put on the best example for their kids you can think of, but that who have one kid that is useless. Most see their parents working and say, "that's life - let's get on with it"; these seem to say, "that's life - I'm going to lie around and stay stoned".

    ReplyDelete