Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Precision targeting Cupid.
Don't recall where I found this, but I've had the image a long time - probably last Valentine's or the one before that.  Obviously produced by Executive Search Dating,  whom I have no affiliation with.  Just liked the picture, although that crossbow doesn't look like it fits little cherub cupid very well. 

Mrs. Graybeard and I have been married a long time, over 30 years, so we've seen lots of Valentine's day celebrations - and a couple that were less than celebratory.  One time, about 20 years ago, Major Southeast Defense Contractor was engaged in serious competition for a contract worth billions.  Several days before the 14th, they had me working lots of (free) overtime, then sent me to southern California to put on a demonstration.  I was not only out of the state, I had been unable to do anything about the holiday.  It literally was hard to get time to even make a phone call - that was before cellphones on our bodies 24/7.  When I got back, I hit the card shop, hoping they had some Valentines still out.  There wasn't a pink card in the store.  Everything was green for the next holiday - St. Patrick's day.  So I got one of those, captioned everything on it with a Valentines theme, and re-wrote it into an elaborate joke. 

It's still one of my favorite tricks. The other involved buying a Spanish card and horribly mis-translating everything. 

A happy day to you and yours.


3 comments:

  1. To some occultists, green is the color of love. Not sure if that's some color scheme involving chakras, the Tree of Life, or what the deal is there. There are no fewer than 3 Tree of Life color schemes.

    Could also be because if you stare at something green long enough then look away the afterimage is pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how i wish that cupid would really be this precise. at least no body would be hurting and hearts will be protected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say back on V-day... That is a Barnett Commando crossbow. they have a center break open , self cocking mechanism. I have owned one for years, the string drags more than I like, and is therefore less than the advertised 175lb draw, but that fast redraw action is very slick and quite cool!
    (and that scope is twice the length of mine-lol) Cupid is no doubt much better a shot than I...
    Jeryk:)

    ReplyDelete