Special Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2026

I knew I shoulda saved this meme - and I'm glad I did!

If SpaceX themselves use it for their launch coverage, it's golden.  

Yes, today's scrub of FT-13 was due to clouds in the area being too dense and too high above the ground. To quote SpaceX directly:

A key objective for the flight test is to get clear imagery from the ground of Starship’s heatshield as it flies at a higher dynamic pressure during ascent, which won't be possible with today's weather conditions. Visibility is forecast to be ideal for a Friday attempt.

The main culprit is probably tropical storm Bertha, or rather the remains of Bertha, which went ashore around 2:00 PM EDT / 1800 UTC over near the Louisiana/Texas border, and is dissipating away. Like all tropical storms, it's "a poopy day with a press agent" who warns you about all the rain and wind you should be aware of and not need a warning for. But that's just my opinion.

The current word is the launch has been slipped to tomorrow, Friday July at 6:45 PM EDT.



No comments:

Post a Comment