Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day

In this time of incessant attacks on the family structure; this time of abandoning the idea of motherhood and calling mothers "birthing persons," simple truths like this meme are a refreshing shelter. 

I keep waiting for my chance to try this on someone telling me "men can have babies, too" so I can say "name one."  "How did they do that?  Did they get a full uterus transplant?  Did they get ovary transplants, too, so it was their egg, or did they have an already fertilized egg implanted in their implanted uterus?"  Did they have birth canal created or transplanted in?  Sure wouldn't want to pass a baby through a penis.  It's a medical miracle.

Mother's Day and Father's Day both tend to be kind of low key around here as both of us lost our parents quite some time ago.  My mom passed around the first of December in 2013, so 10 years this coming December and she was the most recent of the four.  My dad passed away in 1982, so 31 years before mom.  My mother-in-law was ahead of my mother, passing on in '99, while my father-in-law passed away after my father, but well ahead of his wife.    

All of my best to all you moms who drop by and read here.  If you still have your mom, I hope you at least called her.



3 comments:

  1. Same here, SiG - all parents/in-laws are gone. Smoking kills.
    All I have left is the sainted Mother of My Children !

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother died in 1968 at the tender young age of 43, a heart attack likely driven by high blood pressure and bad diet (and possible a heart defect, but nobody ever told me about it). My wife's mother died in 2003 of crabby old age and an unbelievable addiction to dozens of quack homeopathic "medicines". So all we had to do is sit around and see if our kids would call.

    My son did, my daughter didn't, although she probably had no clue Mother's Day was this month. Par for the course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chnlQQCsTVw

    ReplyDelete