Monday, January 29, 2024

Comment Bleg or Reader Poll

A couple of days ago, I added a replacement for the silver spot price widget that had gone inactive, this one from different precious metals dealer, Apmex.  Right below my "note on comments," 2nd item down in the right column.

I've since noticed that while it always stays visible on this computer, where I pretty much stay logged into Gmail and the blog all the time, it isn't always visible on my wife's computer but is visible sometimes.  Unpredictably.  

I'd like to ask if other people are seeing the spot prices or not, to decide if it stays or if I look for a new one.  If it's more than a few folks that can't see it, I guess it needs to be replaced.  If she's the only one that can't see it, maybe it stays.  I think she has privacy set as high as she can on Duck Duck Go, so maybe that's the reason.  I suppose that means if you're likewise configured for as much security as you can get and don't see or can see it, I'd like to know that.

If you don't know, which means you've never seen it, it's not supposed to be an empty white screen in a blue frame.  It's supposed to look like this:

I'd swear that at some point in the past I saw a way to do polls on the blog but don't see it now.  Just leave a comment and I'll keep an eye on it for a few days.  

 

EDIT 01/29/24 0705 PM to Add:  the first 13 remarks were 12:1 not working properly vs. working properly.  I'll save you the effort to comment: the box is now gone and I'm looking for another way. 

 

 

18 comments:

  1. It is visible for me, SiG.
    I even refreshed the page, and the values changed. So, it is working.

    Leigh
    Whitehall, NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Negative here. Just a n empty white box with their logo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Empty box for me - even after refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Empty white screen with their logo at the bottom.I looked in both Firefox and Chrome with the same results. My security on both is set high. Oh and for whatever reason your site does not recognize when I have signed into Google. EdC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using firefox and also not having any luck logging into Google when adding comments.

      Delete
  5. Just an empty white box....

    ReplyDelete
  6. other than the name APMEX, the box is empty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee... 12 to 1 not working vs. working after only 3 hours. I think let's call the results here and I'll go delete the widget and search for another way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not seeing it on the side bar buddy,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I removed the link in the sidebar about 5 minutes before you posted. See the red text at the bottom of the post. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

      Delete
  9. Silver $23.09 no problem with Brave

    ReplyDelete