Thursday, June 23, 2016

Home Tonight

We got home close to 9:30 tonight.  There have been several people asking about how I've been recovering, so this is to provide that information feedback loop.

This really has been about the worse thing I been through, though

The obvious closing the feedback loop,  is the gall bladder so let me go down that road.  The  surgeon told me my gall bladder was seriously messed up.  Showing serious damage and tissue death.  It looked like the gallbladder might have died off on its own (gone necrotic).  Before doing removal of bladder they did a radioactive imaging test.  That test may have showed it to be the worst one he's seen.  There was no pancreatitis, though, , just a bad gall bladder.

The week was somewhat of an ordeal with that

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you pulled through, and hope there will be no further ill effects.

    Make the most of every day. You never know if there will be a tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are home. Hope you feel better soon.

    I'm sure your doc told you the problem you experienced is just a symptom of another problem. The liver. Do your research.

    Here is a site I found that gives a quick overview.

    https://www.liverdoctor.com/things-you-must-know-you-dont-have-gallbladder/

    Take care, take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

    And as far as I know, you will not have to go to the torture chamber. (did I say torture chamber? I meant physical therapy, wait, no, I mean torture chamber)

    You may not want to be bending over machine tools for a little while. This would be a great opportunity to teach your wife basic machine tool operation, and you can be teaching her as you sit comfortably.

    Or maybe this is a bad idea, and might lead to the headline, "Local Man Found Machined To Death In His Shop." So far my wife has been strangely resistant to my belief that she should learn basic machine shop skills.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speedy recovery and Percocet is your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you're back home.

    My Dad had his removed, but it was a middle-of-the-night, call-an-ambulance type of deal, and it had almost ruptured due to the bile duct being plugged.

    You'll have to watch you diet now, but that's not a real big deal.

    Really good to hear you came through it OK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speedy Recovery SGB,
    My teenage daughter just had her Gallbladder removed last Thursday, still recovering and slowly getting back to a modified diet. ML27

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go easy on the dairy and fatty foods for a while. You'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete