Sunday, October 27, 2013

And Now For Something Completely Different

There's a new barbecue joint that opened up a few blocks (about a mile) away.  Since the four basic food groups in my mind are:  (1) barbecue,  (2) barbecue,  (3) barbecue and (4) FruitsAndVeggiesAndNuts, they basically had me as soon as they got out the first syllable.  Mrs. Graybeard and I hit it Friday night. 

They did something I've never seen in a restaurant: when they found out it was our first visit, they brought out samples of their side dishes in little one ounce plastic cups.  They even brought a little pulled pork.  Great way to give new customers an idea what to expect. 

We both had pulled pork and beef brisket plate, and everything was good.  They finished off by bringing another sampler of their desserts.  Nice idea.

Mrs. Graybeard is quite a bit smaller than me, so while I was stuffed, she didn't have a prayer of finishing and we came home with a large leftover portion of the pork and brisket.  This morning, I had an idea for breakfast.  Took the left over barbecue, heated it in some coconut oil, then beat in four whole eggs.  Added a couple of ounces of cheddar and called it an omelet.  It was a brunch with staying power.  Ate around 11AM, didn't get hungry again until about 6PM. Try it, you'll like it.


3 comments:

  1. And you didn't invite me. You are a very cruel person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SURE. Now you're like Brigid and Tam and all the others!
    Plying me with food!

    Sounds yummy.

    gfa

    ReplyDelete