Archaeologist Arthur Demarest explains that we’re not the first society to be brought low by zombies. They caused the decline of the Mayan civilization too:But that was long ago and far away. Surely things have gotten better in more cultured societies, right?
Society had evolved too many elites, all demanding exotic baubles […] all needed quetzal feathers, jade, obsidian, fine chert, and animal furs. Nobility is expensive, non-productive and parasitic, siphoning away too much of society’s energy to satisfy its frivolous cravings.
King Louis XVI of France must have been a decent fellow. But he was surrounded by zombies.And so began the French Revolution.
Almost the entire First and Second Estates – the clergy and the nobility – lived off of privileges, tariffs, taxes, grants, rents and other entitlements.
After they took their share, there was hardly enough national output left to support the working classes.
And you think America’s hedge fund managers have a nice tax deal with their “carried interest?”
France’s elite was practically exempt from taxes.
But with so many zombies, 18th-century France struggled to stay solvent. A couple of bad harvests… and people began to starve.
I hear a lot of nasty speak about "banksters" and bankers in general. Remember all the "Eat the Rich" talk from the Occupy Whatever pigs? Banks are the obvious target; frankly they are getting a lot of special treatment from the Fed (bankers giving taxpayer money to other bankers? Why, who woulda thunk?). People seem to forget that the central bankers couldn't do a single freaking thing without the complicit allowance of the government. Central Bankers couldn't be manipulating the world to the point where global collapse is a virtual certainty without government complicity. The minute the government got so big that it was the place to get special treatments and special deals, all of what we see today became inevitable.
I think the big quote in Bonner's column is this one, however:
Follow these easy, proven 13 steps to financial well-being…This incentivizing of broken families is the root that leads us to Baltimore, Ferguson, and so many before them.
1. Don’t get married to her
2. Use your mom’s address to get mail sent to
3. Guy buys a house
4. Guy rents out house to his girlfriend who has two of his kids
5. Section 8 will pay $900 a month for a three-bedroom home
6. Girlfriend signs up for Obamacare so guy doesn’t have to pay out the butt for family insurance
7. Girlfriend gets to go to college free for being a single mother
8. Girlfriend gets $600 a month for food stamps
9. Girlfriend gets free cellphone
10. Girlfriend gets free utilities
11. Guy moves into home but uses mom’s house to get mail sent to
12. Girlfriend claims one kid and guy claims one kid on taxes… now you both get to claim head of household at $1,800 credit
13. Girlfriend gets disability for being “bipolar” or having a “bad back” at $1,800 a month and never has to work again
This plan is perfectly legal and is being executed now by millions of people.
A married couple with a stay-at-home mom yields $0.00 dollars.
An unmarried couple with stay-at-home mom nets:
$21,600 disability +
$10,800 free housing +
$6,000 free Obamacare +
$6,000 free food +
$4,800 free utilities +
$6,000 Pell grant money to spend +
$12,000 a year in college tuition free from Pell grant +
$8,800 tax benefit for being a single mother
= $75,000 a year in benefits
We haven’t verified the details above… But if they’re correct… $75,000 a year is not chicken feed.