Monday, May 4, 2015

It's Star Wars Day!

May the Fourth be with you, and all.

I know.  This was the Avengers opening weekend, all the buzz was about the Avengers or that boxing match or that horse race, and there's really no reason to talk about Star Wars ... but this is the blogosphere's Star Wars day, so I can't resist a little nod to the new version, coming out in December.
(picture source)
I know there's been a lot of gnashing of teeth and wailing among the nerds about Disney taking over Lucasfilm's Star Wars universe, but I have to like the prospects for the movie when JJ Abrams says, “I have a thought about putting Jar Jar Binks’s bones in the desert there. I’m serious! Only three people will notice, but they’ll love it.”

While the Avengers' first weekend fell short of the record for an opening weekend, held by the Avengers' first weekend (the first movie), "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" turned in a very respectable second place at $191.3 million.  No, we weren't there, too much to do this weekend, but next weekend is looking good. 



1 comment:

  1. I saw your post late on the next Star Wars day: Revenge of the Fifth.

    PS It would make me laugh if your "Prove you're not a robot" box's statement said, "I am a robot." How many people would check it anyway? OTOH, my wife says I'm too unemotional sometimes. How do I know I'm not a robot? Meh.

    ReplyDelete