I caught a few seconds of Governor Huckleberry Hound as I was coming in from church at 8, and he was explaining that the evil party controls 2/3 of the government so it really doesn't matter what the "people's house" does.
Let's grab a few headlines, shall we? All these from Drudge Report at 2130 EDT.
- US Debt Jumped $54 Billion in Week Preceding Deal to Cut $38 Billion
- Obama takes credit for 'biggest annual spending cut in history'
- Deal falls short of GOP cut pledge; 'As good as we could get,' Boehner says
- Budget deal includes D.C. abortion rider, money for school vouchers
- Despite Vote, We're Keeping FCC Internet Rules!
I gotta tell you, while I continue to be bullish on commodities in the long term, I have no idea how the market is going to react Monday. Are they going to run the dollar down? Will $1475 gold and $41 silver look cheap by Friday? Isn't that like sitting on the Titanic and marveling that the sea looks awfully high tonight? Or are the central bankers going to say, "OK, problem's over, back to business as usual" and the dollar goes up?
In the meantime, as they say around here when hurricane warnings go up, "Preparations should be rushed to completion".