Wednesday, February 3, 2016

This Will Be a Little Me Me Me

On an average day, Blogger says 1200 to 1500 of you stop by.  Thank you.  I'm truly humbled.  In the past few months, a post of mine that didn't seem terribly important at the time has slowly risen to the number two spot on my list of top 10 most popular posts with 6183 views: A Little More About .308 vs. 7.62x51.  Last week, it had 173 views, so if that holds, it will take the number one spot away in around 10 weeks.  I would have never guessed.  The post with the most comments ever is when I asked "Has Anybody Else Been Ripped Off By Iain Sinclair Design?  That post has 52 comments and I get them fairly regularly as people search for those words and find this.  My repost of that question has an additional 25 comments.  I wish I had been able to reach those 77 other folks and let them now before they ordered - as I wish I had found out before I ordered!

This is post #1988 in this blog's life.  I'm coming up on my 6th Blogiversary and I should pass post #2000 before that.  Unless I get writer's block.  Or get lazy. 

Happy Birthday to me.

A friend sent an interesting promotional video from Volkswagen.  I'd like to link it, but they don't allow that.  Which is just as well because I had to let it try to load for minutes before it finally played.

I found what is quite possibly the best furniture ever for a certain granddaughter's room.
(From Pinterest) 

Finally, did you know that if you take a marshmallow Easter bunny and subject it to high pressure, it turns into Kim Jong Un?
(From YouHadOneJob on Twitter.  You can blame Borepatch.  I spent the better part of an hour there.)

And now, since it is my birthday, I'm going to go play. 


5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!
    And, obviously, the Easter Bunny is a long-running, nefarious plot by the Kim family to take over America's children...kewl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, AND Blogiversary, I think.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday.
    Reminds me it is almost Perp Jousting season.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2300101/Let-Peep-jousting-begin-The-annual-Easter-battle-marshmallows-warriors-microwave-arena.html
    Your welcome.
    Terry
    Fla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cheating VW pulled to promote trailer assist was a lot like what they pulled regarding their diesels with the EPA.....

    ReplyDelete