Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Anyone Know the Source?

JPFO posted this back on New Years Day. I've been trying to find sources and not having much luck.
I know the numbers look like values I've seen before, but that doesn't mean they're right.  I mean, 195,000 deaths from medical errors?  How is that even defined? I'm suspicious of 529,000 deaths due to tobacco use: the biggest numbers I've heard are closer to 450,000, and I was suspicious of that

Anybody know about this?  Dates?  Better source description than just "CDC, FBI, US Federal Government"? 

 "In God we trust;  all others provide references". 



6 comments:

  1. Aren't tobacco deaths always along the lines of, "heart attack, also a smoker."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not just email the JPFO and ask?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I remember correctly, this graph was more designed to keep kids from smoking, because I swear I saw this in my health class back in high school, or something close to it with disproprotionate number of tobacco deaths compared to everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Bubba Knows had this up today, which has sourced numbers:
    Today’s Gun-Control Fact
    http://whatbubbaknows.info/?p=8464

    It refers to this
    http://gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

    Sorry not the same numbers, but that's all I've found that seems useful so far.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the effort - the GOA stats are useful for sure. I saved that page off to my drive to go over it.


      Delete