Sunday, September 8, 2013

Somehow I Find This Encouraging

While I read that the Northeast and New England will be getting a cold front today/tonight, making it more like fall (still weeks away), here in the Silicon Swamp it's best to think of today as August 39th rather than being in September.  Thinking "September" might lead you to think it's going to get fall-like here.  From our NOAA weather forecast:
This Afternoon:  A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Northeast wind around 10 mph.
To be honest, a high of 89 is a bit of reprieve from mid-August temperatures. 

I'm interested that the Daily Mail is reporting that August ice at the north pole ice pack was up 60% from last year. Yet another prediction of the warmists gone wrong.  Srsly dudes and dudettes - wake me when you get a few things right. 
I'm sure the climate video gamers modelers will scoff at the old Farmer's Almanac, but with a record that claims 80% accuracy, we should pay attention to their forecast of a colder than normal winter for most of the country

I tend to like it cool and I'm sure I keep my place cooler than many around here, so I view cooler weather as a gift.  Real money in my pocket that I don't have to spend on air conditioning.  Bring it on!


2 comments:

  1. We sure could use the "Near Normal Precipitation" out here this winter!

    And "cool" is cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is says "Chilly and Wet" - I assume that means wetter than normal, and winter is often wet as cold fronts come through. Unlike now, which is summer monsoon. I don't mind running in the rain; riding bikes in the rain is messy and pretty much requires frequent disassembly and cleaning.

      Delete