Last week's update focused on issues with what I've been calling my counterweight - the drawing I copied it from called it a crankshaft throw. The crankshaft wasn't staying in the hole that was intended for it no matter what I did. I thought I could always re-make it, and several comments suggested I peen the shaft to to raise bumps of metal and enlarge the diameter by .002 or .003 that way. I thought I'd go with something I've done many times, and made a bushing. I enlarged the hole to 3/8", reamed to size, and then made a bushing that was 3/8 OD and 5/16 ID. Then I attached the bushing with the green LocTite 680.
Once I had the crankshaft set in the throw, it was then easy to build up the engine the rest of the way.
Aside from that, I ordered a plastic fuel tank from a hobby shop, that should be here Monday. I haven't put the piston rings on the piston and fitted that, yet, but I have everything to do that. I still need my ignition points and to hook up the ignition components. Then I should be able to run the engine with an electric motor driving it for a half hour or so, to ease the fit somewhat. Finally, after that, I should be able to start trying to make it run on its own.
EDIT 1116 AM EDT: to move the second to last picture a little more to the left.