Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Shop Update

Seems I haven't done an update for a while because most of what I've been doing doesn't lend itself to this thread, but I still get some stuff done in the shop regularly.  This part took longer than it should have because of a "comedy of errors" (where the important word is errors, not comedy).  I wasted a couple of pieces of steel before I smacked myself upside the head about not paying enough attention! 


This is the rocker arm for the Webster.  You're basically viewing it in same (top) view as that drawing but because it's a real object and not just one view, you see part of the front of it.  I put a 4-40 Socket Head Cap Screw in the tapped 4-40 hole on the right just because.  Although that does make it look a little wonky. 

The notes you see that are handwritten are derived dimensions, usually to tell me where to place my cutter for different features. You'll see they're all 0.250" from a feature - a sure sign I was using a 1/2" diameter end mill and had to specify start and end points for tool movements. 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete